....oh my starry eyed surprise....

...the tales of 2008 from the highest heels in auckland...

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

it's 2008 for anyone who didnt know...

and as for most people at this time of year i am not exempt from falling into the new years resolutions trap ... which then for me always ends in a sort of fatalistic review of my life

firstly the new years resolutions

give up diet coke (something that i highly doubt will ever happen)
give up casual smoking
be more professional at work
be kinder to my family
walk to work (this makes me sweat just by thinking about it and will most probably do it once.....)
be politically vigilant

ok now they are written down they perhaps might be more likely to come to fruition... you know, like a record that can threaten failure every time i think about putting that $1.40 into the drinks vending machine at work

secondly the review or my life.....

it hasnt helped that i have had the last week and a half off work and no more than sitting around the house (between reading books, eating and meeting friends to drink) to accomplish. people always seem to be saying 'i had the best time of my life in my 20's' ... 'the best years are in your 20s', well if thats true and these years i have experienced are infact going to be the best, then the rest of my life isnt going to be very exciting....worrying thought. To be honest my 20s havent been THAT bad but hardly exciting so far. i have a career which i worked for but besides university and work (which to be honest arent that fun nor exciting) i cant really put my finger on anything too out of the ordinary and therefore i am worried that my daily existence is in fact way too ordinary. so perhaps i should make my 26th year the start of my 20s...

or perhaps im just hung over and upset that i lost at star wars monopoly for the first time last night.

ok thats my whinge for today, oh except NEVER ever watch dreamgirls... its fucking awful

2 Comments:

At 1:53 AM, Blogger Kiwi Trader said...

Welcome back!!
Used to read you ages ago, when I was just discovering blogs.

 
At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home